Wednesday 19 June 2013

Reflection? I don't have time for reflection!

Or do I?  I've been a bit quiet on the social media and blogging front recently, due mainly to work and other professional activities, some of which mean significant change and others, working out of my comfort zone, but with a high profile.  As a result, I've been pretty much 'full on' and haven't found - or made - the time to sit back and reflect on impacts, lessons learned or, indeed, just to 'be' in a quiet place.

So this blog is my statement of intent to do just that - to make the space to reflect on recent activities and to look for the learning, links and opportunities arising from three separate events. I will write several quick blogs - one on each - using a model I like, and a concluding blog which will pull it all together. This is also an opportunity for me to practice something which I previously identified as an area for development - blogging faster and more often.

For consistency, I'll use the model of:

1. What did I do?
2. What did I learn?
3. What am I going to do with that learning?

So I invite you to challenge me if you do not see some quick and dirty blogs over the next couple of weeks, reflecting on a) a management opportunity at work, b) organising and running our internal HR conference in Manchester and c) speaking in the Design Challenge session at this week's Learning and Skills Group Summer Conference at Olympia in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment